In this tutorial we’re going to look at 5 quick things you can do to your character BEFORE you characterize it that will make it easier to work with in MotionBuilder.
These might seem a bit random at first, but this is exactly what I do every time I import a new character into MotionBuilder.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How to correctly scale your character.
- How to set the skeleton joint visibility options and adjust skeleton joint sizes
- How to organise your scene with Groups, Folders and Namespaces
- How to change the playback speed, frame range and frames per second (FPS)
- How to use keyboard shortcuts to frame your character in the different camera views.